Game networking is a subset of computer networking that commonly covers data replication, state synchronization, snapshot interpolation, client-side prediction, lag compensation, anti cheating, load balancing, bandwidth optimization\
— and many more techniques involved in multiplayer online game programming.
Please feel free to contribute your awesome resource after reading contribution guidelines, thank you!
- Game Developers Conference
- Unreal Engine Livestream
- Replication Graph - Epic’s dev-team demonstrates UE 4.20’s new Replication Graph feature.
- Server Optimizations - Ryan Gerleve and Dave Ratti to discuss server optimization techniques in UE4.
- Unity Unite
- C / C++
- ENet - Simple and robust reliable UDP networking library.
- GameNetworkingSockets - Valve’s internal (Steam) network transport layer for games.
- RakNet - Full-featured and mature reliable UDP networking engine.
- yojimbo - Reliable UDP networking library for client/server games with dedicated servers.
- Barebones Master Server - Backend framework with auth, profile, lobby, chat features for Unity.
- DarkRift Networking - Unity focused multi-threaded multiplayer networking solution.
- Forge Networking - Unity focused real-time multiplayer networking solution.
- Lidgren.Network - Reliable UDP networking library (.NET).
- LiteNetLib - Lite reliable UDP networking library (.NET/Mono).
- MLAPI - Mix and match networking library with lots of built-in features for Unity.
- Photon Engine - Hybrid multiplayer game networking platform (SaaS, Cloud).
- SocketWeaver - Multiplayer cloud services designed for the Unity engine (SaaS).
- SmartFoxServer - Massive multiplayer game server with advanced built-in features.
- CapAnalysis - Web visual tool to analyze captured network traffic. (Ubuntu, Debian)
- clumsy - Network condition simulation utility. (Windows)
- Fiddler - Web debugging proxy server. (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- netem - Network emulation for testing protocols. (Linux)
- Network Link Conditioner - Network environment simulation utility. (macOS, iOS)
- Network Protocol Analyzer - Tool for analysing, debugging, maintaining and monitoring connections. (Windows)
- Network Simulator (ns) - Network simulator targeting research and educational use. (macOS, Linux)
- Postman - Web API debugging client. (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- Wireshark - Network traffic analyzer tool. (Windows, macOS, Linux)
To the extent possible under law, M. Fatih MAR has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.