What is an awesome list?
Creating a list
Stickers & t-shirts
<sub>Just type <a href="https://awesome.re"><code>awesome.re</code></a> to go here. Check out my <a href="https://blog.sindresorhus.com">blog</a> and follow me on <a href="https://twitter.com/sindresorhus">Twitter</a>.</sub>
- Frontend Development
- iOS - Mobile operating system for Apple phones and tablets.
- Android - Mobile operating system developed by Google.
- IoT & Hybrid Apps
- Xamarin - Mobile app development IDE, testing, and distribution.
- eBPF - Virtual machine that allows you to write more efficient and powerful tracing and monitoring for Linux systems.
- macOS - Operating system for Apple’s Mac computers.
- watchOS - Operating system for the Apple Watch.
- Amazon Web Services
- IPFS - P2P hypermedia protocol.
- Fuse - Mobile development tools.
- Heroku - Cloud platform as a service.
- Raspberry Pi - Credit card-sized computer aimed at teaching kids programming, but capable of a lot more.
- Qt - Cross-platform GUI app framework.
- WebExtensions - Cross-browser extension system.
- RubyMotion - Write cross-platform native apps for iOS, Android, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS in Ruby.
- Smart TV - Create apps for different TV platforms.
- GNOME - Simple and distraction-free desktop environment for Linux.
- KDE - A free software community dedicated to creating an open and user-friendly computing experience.
- Roslyn - Open-source compilers and code analysis APIs for C# and VB.NET languages.
- Amazon Alexa - Virtual home assistant.
- DigitalOcean - Cloud computing platform designed for developers.
- Flutter - Google’s mobile SDK for building native iOS and Android apps from a single codebase written in Dart.
- Home Assistant - Open source home automation that puts local control and privacy first.
- IBM Cloud - Cloud platform for developers and companies.
- Firebase - App development platform built on Google Cloud Platform.
- Robot Operating System 2.0 - Set of software libraries and tools that help you build robot apps.
- Adafruit IO - Visualize and store data from any device.
- Cloudflare - CDN, DNS, DDoS protection, and security for your site.
Content Management Systems
- Bitcoin - Bitcoin services and tools for software developers.
- Ripple - Open source distributed settlement network.
- Non-Financial Blockchain - Non-financial blockchain applications.
- Mastodon - Open source decentralized microblogging network.
- Ethereum - Distributed computing platform for smart contract development.
- Blockchain AI - Blockchain projects for artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- EOSIO - A decentralized operating system supporting industrial-scale apps.
- JSON - Text based data interchange format.
- CSV - A text file format that stores tabular data and uses a comma to separate values.
- Discounts for Student Developers
- Awesome - Recursion illustrated.
- Appium - Test automation tool for apps.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Services Engineering
- Free for Developers
- Answers - Stack Overflow, Quora, etc.
- Sketch - Design app for macOS.
- Boilerplate Projects
- Design and Development Guides
- Software Engineering Blogs
- Self Hosted
- FOSS Production Apps
- Gulp - Task runner.
- AMA - Ask Me Anything.
- Open Source Photography
- OpenGL - Cross-platform API for rendering 2D and 3D graphics.
- Research Tools
- Data Visualization
- Social Media Share Links
- Unicode - Unicode standards, quirks, packages and resources.
- Beginner-Friendly Projects
- Tools for Activism
- Citizen Science - For community-based and non-institutional scientists.
- TAP - Test Anything Protocol.
- MQTT - “Internet of Things” connectivity protocol.
- Hacking Spots
- For Girls
- Vorpal - Node.js CLI framework.
- Vulkan - Low-overhead, cross-platform 3D graphics and compute API.
- LaTeX - Typesetting language.
- Economics - An economist’s starter kit.
- Funny Markov Chains
- Cheminformatics - Informatics techniques applied to problems in chemistry.
- Colorful - Choose your next color scheme.
- Steam - Digital distribution platform.
- Bots - Building bots.
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Empathy in Engineering - Building and promoting more compassionate engineering cultures.
- DTrace - Dynamic tracing framework.
- Userscripts - Enhance your browsing experience.
- Pokémon - Pokémon and Pokémon GO.
- ChatOps - Managing technical and business operations through a chat.
- Falsehood - Falsehoods programmers believe in.
- Domain-Driven Design - Software development approach for complex needs by connecting the implementation to an evolving model.
- Quantified Self - Self-tracking through technology.
- SaltStack - Python-based config management system.
- Web Design - For digital designers.
- JMeter - Load testing and performance measurement tool.
- Creative Coding - Programming something expressive instead of something functional.
- No-Login Web Apps - Web apps that work without login.
- Testing - Software testing.
- Free Software - Free as in freedom.
- Framer - Prototyping interactive UI designs.
- Markdown - Markup language.
- Dev Fun - Funny developer projects.
- Events in the Netherlands - Tech-related events in the Netherlands.
- Healthcare - Open source healthcare software for facilities, providers, developers, policy experts, and researchers.
- Magento 2 - Open Source eCommerce built with PHP.
- TikZ - Graph drawing packages for TeX/LaTeX/ConTeXt.
- Neuroscience - Study of the nervous system and brain.
- Ad-Free - Ad-free alternatives.
- Esolangs - Programming languages designed for experimentation or as jokes rather than actual use.
- Prometheus - Open-source monitoring system.
- Homematic - Smart home devices.
- Ledger - Double-entry accounting on the command-line.
- Uncopyright - Public domain works.
- Crypto Currency Tools & Algorithms - Digital currency where encryption is used to regulate the generation of units and verify transfers.
- Diversity - Creating a more inclusive and diverse tech community.
- Open Source Supporters - Companies that offer their tools and services for free to open source projects.
- Design Principles - Create better and more consistent designs and experiences.
- Visual Regression Testing - Ensures changes did not break the functionality or style.
- Theravada - Teachings from the Theravada Buddhist tradition.
- inspectIT - Open source Java app performance management tool.
- Open Source Maintainers - The experience of being an open source maintainer.
- Calculators - Calculators for every platform.
- Captcha - A type of challenge–response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human.
- Jupyter - Create and share documents that contain code, equations, visualizations and narrative text.
- FIRST Robotics Competition - International high school robotics championship.
- Humane Technology - Open source projects that help improve society.
- Speakers - Conference and meetup speakers in the programming and design community.
- Board Games - Table-top gaming fun for all.
- Software Patreons - Fund individual programmers or the development of open source projects.
- Parasite - Parasites and host-pathogen interactions.
- Food - Food-related projects on GitHub.
- Mental Health - Mental health awareness and self-care in the software industry.
- Bitcoin Payment Processors - Start accepting Bitcoin.
- Scientific Computing - Solving complex scientific problems using computers.
- Amazon Sellers
- Agriculture - Open source technology for farming and gardening.
- Plotters - Computer-controlled drawing machines and other visual art robots.
- Product Design - Design a product from the initial concept to production.
- Prisma - Turn your database into a GraphQL API.
- Software Architecture - The discipline of designing and building software.
- Connectivity Data and Reports - Better understand who has access to telecommunication and internet infrastructure and on what terms.
- Stacks - Tech stacks for building different apps and features.
- IRC - Open source messaging protocol.
To the extent possible under law, Sindre Sorhus has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.