A curated list of fun libs/packages/languages that have no real purpose but to make a developer chuckle.
For now this is a really short list, so please contribute. Read the guide and make a pull request or just ping me on Twitter @mislavcimpersak with some funny stuff.
- Stevie Wonder Simulator - Feel for a moment as the great Stevie Wonder with this simulator for Android.
- Mindf@*k Keyboard - Terrible terrible soft-keyboard that randomises keys on every press.
- holdr - Solves the problem of knowing when you’re holding your phone.
- DICSS - Directly injected CSS.
- CSS-Only Chat - A truly monstrous async web chat using no JS whatsoever on the frontend.
- gomatrix - Connect to The Matrix and display it’s data streams in your terminal.
- hackertyper - “Hack” like a programmer in movies and games!
- FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition - A no-nonsense implementation of FizzBuzz made by serious businessmen for serious business purposes.
- ComcastifyJS - Sometimes images just load too damned fast.
- Elevator.js - Finally, a “back to top” button that behaves like a real elevator.
- Echochamber.js - Commenting without the comments - providing a single-sided user comments just stored in local storage.
- Autocomplete from Stack Overflow - Autocomplete your JS from Stack Overflow.
- Object.toSting() - Logs an image of Sting to the development console.
- Batonnet.js - Universal, intercultural and user-friendly way to display numbers.
- HTML9 Responsive Boilerstrap JS - H9RBS.js (v0.0001) is a flexible, dependency-free, lightweight, device-agnostic, modular, baked-in, component framework MVC library shoelacestrap to help you kickstart your responsive CSS-based app architecture backbone kitchensink tweetybirds.
- fattest-cat - Script to find fattest cat currently up for adoption at SF SPCA.
- fartscroll.js - Everyone farts. And now your web pages can too.
- Groot Ipsum - Generates random texts containing “I am Groot”.
- cannot-even - A module that refuses to even.
- undefined-is-a-function - “undefined is not a function”? — It is now!
- is-thirteen - Check if a number is equal to 13.
- Pettier - Prettier config that randomizes options and arbitrarily switches between spaces and tabs 🙄
- not-paid.js - Add opacity to the body tag and increase it every day until their site completely fades away. 💸
- Popup Trombone - A trombone you play by resizing a pop-up window. 🎺
- Phpunit VW - VW makes failing test cases succeed in continuous integration tools.
- PyTest-VW - VW makes failing test cases succeed in continuous integration tools.
- left-pad - Python’s solution to infamous npm problem.
- Like-my-GF - This is an auto-robot to like your girlfriend’s post on Instagram.
- RoastBot - A chatbot that insults its user.
- ArnoldC - Arnold Schwarzenegger based programming language.
- TrumpScript - Make Python great again.
- Vigil - Vigil, the eternal morally vigilant programming language.
- Spooky - The Programming Language of Fear 🌚.
- OnlyToday - A date and time based programming language.
- Rockstar - A dynamically typed computer programming language, designed for creating programs that are also song lyrics.
- Cloud to butt - Chrome extension that replaces occurrences of ‘the cloud’ with ‘my butt’.
- Outcognito Mode - Incognito Mode for extroverts.
- NonAd Block - Blocks any content that is not an ad.
- Youtube Notch Mode - Youtube Notch Mode is a chrome extension that adds the ugly, black cut out seen at the top of the iPhone X to every Youtube video. Why? Because it’s more beautiful.
- Github XP - Microsoft + GitHub = ❤️. Make it official by giving your GitHub experience some Windows XP flair.
- Netflix Hangouts - Watch Netflix at work by making it look like you’re on a conference call.
- Pong-command - Pong is Not Ping.
- Alice - Alice sings when you mistakenly type al.
- cmprss - IrrvrsbleCmprssionForTxt.
- lolcat - Rainbows and unicorns!
- evil.sh - Subtle and not-so-subtle shell tweaks that will slowly drive people insane.
- lolcommits - Git-based selfies for software developers.
- sl - SL (Steam Locomotive) runs across your terminal when you type “sl” as you meant to type “ls”.
- genact - 🌀 A nonsense activity generator for your shell.
- fat - Expand your files.
- No More Secrets - A command line tool that recreates the famous data decryption effect seen in the 1992 movie Sneakers.
- sudont - Grants superuser permission, then does nothing.
- Sudo-Productivity - Boost your “productivity” to the max! A productivity suite made for slackers by slackers.
- pipes.sh - Animated pipes terminal screensaver.
- Chucknorris - A Chuck Norris fortune plugin for ZSH.
- git-blame-someone-else - Blame someone else for your bad code.
- cmatrix - Make it digital rain in your terminal like The Matrix.
- Gosleap - Make Ryan Gosling jump across your screen.
- No Code - The best way to write secure and reliable applications. Write nothing; deploy nowhere.
- Volkswagen - 🙈 Volkswagen detects when your tests are being run in a CI server, and makes them pass.
- Terraform for Dominos - The Terraform plugin for the Dominos Pizza provider.
- Filefile - File to keep track of all the files you have in your repo that end in “file” eg. Filefile.
- Xkcd Excuse - The easiest way to get your slacking excuse in hip xkcd format!
- Shrugapillar.js - A library for generating shrugapillars.
- quinedb - A quine that is also a key-value store. Breaking down the walls between code and data.
- πfs - π contains every possible digit sequence in existence. I’m sure your data is in there somewhere.
- parrot.live - 🐦 Bringing animated parrots to terminals everywhere.
- Slack Typing - A very good program that makes it so it says I’m typing when anyone else is typing.
- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (archiveeeeeeeeeed).
- awesome-awesome-awesome - Awesome list of repositories of awesome lists 🤷