A curated list of free/libre games, plugins, add-ons and scripts for Godot.
Games that use Godot.
- Blipshift - Simple top-down moving platforms game (Godot 3.1).
- BlockPop - A simple Breakout clone (Godot 2.1).
- Bombs - Simple mobile game. You need to touch bombs to defuse them (Godot 2.1).
- Breakable - A breakout-like game (Godot 3.0).
- Captain Holetooth - Explorative platformer in a detailed world. Geared towards younger players (Godot 2.1).
- Circle Jump - Mobile arcade game, addicting and enjoyable. How-to-made tutorial is available, so you can recreate it yourself and learn Godot (Godot 3.1).
- Dolphin Island 2 - Platformer game made for the A Game By It’s Cover 2015 Game Jam (Godot 2.1).
- DynaDungeons - Bomberman clone in a fantasy universe (Godot 2.1).
- Haldric - Official work-in-progress reimplementation of Battle for Wesnoth (Godot 3.1).
- Kraken-Rampage - Ludum Dare 33 entry made in 48 hours (Godot 2.1).
- Librerama - A free/libre fast-paced arcade collection of mini-games (Godot 3.2).
- Memory Game - Simple Memory game (Godot 3.0).
- Minehunter - A Minesweeper clone (Godot 2.1).
- Minilens - Free puzzle platform game (Godot 2.1).
- Mountain of Hope - Game made on Theater Game Jam (PGA 2015) (Godot 2.1).
- Ninja-Training - Small running game done as 1 hour challenge (Godot 2.1).
- No hope - Ludum Dare 33 entry made in 48 hours (Godot 2.1).
- Planet Rider - 2D physics parkour game in an alien environment (Godot 2.1).
- Platshoot - A 2D shooter game (Godot 2.1).
- Ringed - Top-down shooter with extensive usage of light effects (Godot 2.1).
- SealedBite - 2D platformer game, winner of the GitHub Game Off 2019 jam (Godot 3.1).
- spindle of serendipity - Word guessing game with customizable entries (Godot 3.2).
- SuperStarfighter - Fast-paced local party game with starships that battle in a top-down arena (Godot 3.1).
- Tanks of Freedom - Free turn-based isometric strategy game (Godot 2.1).
- Three Hungry Mice - Breakout game with mice made for the Godot Engine Jam of March 2016 (Godot 2.1).
- TuxBuilder - Work-in-progress reimplementation of SuperTux (Godot 3.1).
- Unknown Horizons - Official work-in-progress reimplementation of Unknown Horizons (Godot 3.1).
- Broken Seals - A work-in-progress third person action RPG with multiplayer support (Godot 3.2 - needs custom engine modules).
- Cheese Hunter - A game for Godot Engine Jam of March 2016 (Godot 2.1).
- Meteorite - A lowres metroidvania FPS, inspired by Metroid Prime, made for LOWREZJAM 2018 (Godot 3.0).
- Rapid Rescue - Rapid Rescue is a local multiplayer strategy game inspired by Labyrinth (Godot 3.1).
- Super Tux Party - A free/libre and open-source party game that is meant to replicate the feel of games such as Mario Party (Godot 3.1).
- Thrive - A free, open-source game about the evolution of life.
Non-game projects made with Godot (tools/utilities).
- Godello - A Trello-like kanban board application made with Godot. A proof of concept for complex non-game applications with Godot, as well real-time online interactions between multiple users. Includes backend code (Godot 3.2).
- Material Maker - Create PBR materials procedurally (similar to Substance Designer) (Godot 3.2).
- Pixelorama - 2D pixel art editor (Godot 3.2).
Projects to use as a base for your own games.
Demos to learn GDScript, its concepts, and various game features.
- FPS Test - A singleplayer FPS test. Physics work, but there are no enemies and no proper shooting (Godot 2.1).
- Open Source A-RPG Demo - RPG demo (Godot 3.0).
- OpenRPG - JRPG-style game demo and template (Godot 3.1).
- Pathfinding 2d - A demo project demonstrating pathfinding using a tilemap (Godot 2.1).
- Realistic Water Shader - Realistic 3D water shader with foam and caustics (Godot 3.1).
- The Tower - A voxel-based parkour game to show the capabilities of the Voxelman module (Godot 3.2).
- UDP Snapshot interpolation - Lets you connect to a server and view networked physics (Godot 2.1).
- UDP State synchronization - A more efficient networking demo than the snapshot interpolation one (Godot 2.1).
- Voxel Game - Minecraft-like voxel terrain demo (Godot 2.1).
- voxelgame - Minecraft-like voxel terrain demo, utilising the godot_voxel module (Godot 3.1).
A more complete list can be found in
this Reddit thread.
Stuff integrated into Godot core (C++).
Plugins and scripts
Scripts that let you do new stuff, or enhance Godot functionality.
- Auto Tile Layer - Allows automatic 2D tiling using RPG Maker’s Autotile format (Godot 2.1).
- Camera2D Screen Shake - Screen shake effect for Camera2D.
- Cartographer - Heightmap-based 3D terrain editor (Godot 3.2).
- CRT Shader - Godot shader that simulates CRT displays (Godot 2.1, 3.1).
- Easing Script - A port of the Robert Penner’s equations for easing.
- Escoria - Point & click adventure game framework (Godot 2.1, 3.1).
- FMOD GDNative - Plugin to use the FMOD audio engine in GDScript (Godot 3.1)
- GDGIFExporter - GIF exporter made entirely in GDScript (Godot 3.2).
- gdstats - A library of pseudorandom number generators for common statistical distributions (Godot 3.0).
- gdutils - Utilities for Godot written in GDScript.
- GitHub integration - Interact with GitHub without opening your browser (Godot 3.1).
- godotccd - Fast 3D collision checks in Godot using libccd (Godot 3.2, 3.1).
- godotdetour - A GDNative implementation of the detour/detourcrowd library (Godot 3.2).
- GodotPhoenixChannels - A GDScript and Godot Engine implementation for the Channels API of the Phoenix Framework (Godot 3.1).
- Godot Game Tools - Blender plugin to ease importing assets into Godot.
- Godot Mixing Desk - Make procedural sound and adaptive/procedural music with a few nodes and a couple lines of code (Godot 3.1).
- Godot NExt - A set of basic node extensions (Godot 3.2).
- GodotNotificationCenter - A notification center (Godot 3.1).
- GodotTIE - Text Interface Engine to control text output (like in a RPG dialogue) (Godot 2.x, 3.x).
- Grass Plugin - A plugin to handle huge amounts of grass, foliages and other vegetations (Godot 2.1).
- gterm - GUI control that draws something similar to *nix terminal emulators (Godot 2.1).
- GUT - Utility for writing unit tests in GDScript (Godot 3.x).
- InGrid - Infinite scrolling grid (Godot 3.x).
- Level of Detail (LOD) - Level of detail add-on for meshes, lights and particles. Can improve performance in large scenes (Godot 3.2).
- MDFramework - A C# multiplayer framework with additional tools (Godot 3.2 Mono).
- NI mate Motion Capture - Animate Skeletons with a Microsoft Kinect sensor (Godot 3.2).
- Polygon Merge - Merge polygons.
- Qodot - Quake
.map file support for Godot. Lets you use TrenchBroom for level design. (Godot 3.2).
- Simplex 2D/3D - Simplex deterministic noise functions.
- Scrolling Background - A scrolling background node (Godot 2.1).
- SMRT-Godot - A dialog system and editor fairly customizable, a nice fit for story-driven games (Godot 3.0).
- SUTjoystick - Easy gamepad support for GNU/Linux and Windows (Godot 2.1).
- Tiled importer - Import maps from Tiled (Godot 3.1).
- Tileset Builder - Build tilesets.
- TileSet Builder - Quickly build tilesets with style (Godot 3.2).
- UI Design Tool - Intuitive design workflow for UIs in the editor (Godot 3.2).
- Volumetrics - Voxel-based volumetric lighting and fog plugin (Godot 3.2).
- VPainter - 3D vertex painting plugin (Godot 3.2).
- Yume Visual Novel Editor - An integrated editor for creating visual novel games (Godot 3.2).
GDScript/C# editor support
Add-ons for text editors that implement GDScript or C# support.
- Atom - Syntax highlighting.
- Emacs - Syntax highlighting, code folding, indentation and autocompletion.
- Geany - Syntax highlighting.
- Gedit - Syntax highlighting.
- IntelliJ IDEA - Syntax highlighting and autocompletion.
- JetBrains Rider (C#) - Syntax highlighting, autocompletion and run configurations.
- Kakoune - Syntax highlighting.
- Sublime Text - Syntax highlighting.
- Vim - Syntax highlighting, autocompletion and linting using the LSP server provided by the Godot editor. Also supports the Godot shader language.
- Visual Studio Code - Comes with a wealth of features to make your programming experience as comfortable as possible.
- GUT Visual Studio Code Extension - Run GUT framework unit/integration tests directly from the Visual Studio Code Editors.
- gdformat Visual Studio Code Extension - Formatter for GDScript in Visual Studio Code (Godot 3.x).
Godot script editor syntax themes
Alternative themes for the built-in script editor.
Unofficial Godot builds
Those builds will let you use recent versions of Godot Git, but they may be less stable than official ones – use at your own risk.
Other stuff. Bash scripts can be placed in
- build-godot and build-godot-mono - Scripts that build and run Godot, attempting to install dependencies if needed.
gd-com npm package - Communicate with Godot clients using Node.js.
- godot-ci - Docker image to export Godot games through CI. Includes GitLab CI script example.
- godot.sh - Script that automatically downloads and launches latest version of Godot, or compiles and launches the Git
- godot-gdscript-toolkit - Independent set of command line tools for working with GDScript - parser, linter and formatter (Godot 3.x).
- godot-wrapper - Script that helps Debian and Ubuntu users install and use Godot.
- replicate-file.sh - Script to update copies of a file with one master file.
- strip-to-frames.pl - Perl script to split a grid spritesheet image into numbered individual frame files.