stouyapi - Static OUYA API
A static API for the OUYA gaming console that still lets you sign in
and install games, despite the OUYA server shutdown in 2019.
OUYA config change
- Mount via USB (Micro USB cable)
- Create file ``ouya_config.properties``
The changes should take effect immediately.
If they do not, reboot the OUYA once.
1. User registration: "Existing account"
2. Enter any username, leave password empty. Continue.
3. Skip credit card registration
Virtual host configuration::
Script PUT /empty-json.php
Script DELETE /api/v1/queued_downloads_delete.php
``mod_actions`` need to be enabled for apache 2.4.
The virtual host's document root needs to point to the ``www`` folder.
Building API data
Download the OUYA game data repository from
and then generate the API files with it::
$ git clone https://github.com/ouya-saviors/ouya-game-data.git
$ ./bin/import-game-data.php ouya-game-data/folders
Building the web discover store
After building the API files, generate the HTML::
Push to my OUYA
stouyapi's HTML game detail page have a "Push to my OUYA" button that
allows anyone to tell his own OUYA to install that game.
It works without any user accounts, and is only based on IP addresses.
If your PC that you click the Push button on and your OUYA have the same
public IP address (IPv4 NAT), or the same IPv6 64bit prefix, then
the OUYA will install the game within 5 minutes.
It will also work if you run stouyapi inside your local network, because
all private IP addresses are mapped to a special "local" address.
You can inspect your own download queue by simply opening
``/api/v1/queued_downloads`` in your browser.
- https://gitlab.com/devirich/BrewyaOnOuya - alternative storefront
- https://archive.org/details/ouyalibrary - Archived OUYA games
- https://github.com/ouya-saviors/ouya-game-data/ - OUYA game data repository
- image cache for main menu image
- Don't put a trailing slash into ``OUYA_SERVER_URL`` - it will make double slashes